Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Being present.


Are you happy here? Wherever "here" may be for you; both the physical location + in the moment in life you are in? I have been reminded of this bunches lately. Learning to appreciating the moment I am in + to be present; be it dealing with a screaming toddler, working with a client, cleaning the house, taking a webinar to learn about entrepreneurship, enjoying a nice glass of red wine, or having dinner (or even a disagreement for that matter!) with my partner. Good or bad, easy or uncomfortable; truly being present and appreciative in any of these moments takes practice, practice, practice! Still practicing... :) 

I took the picture above this summer while on a boat ride around Linekin Bay + Boothbay Harbor. My family and I were with friends enjoying the beautiful sun + blue skies, listening to music, slowly touring the coast of Maine, soaking in the moments. Yesterday I enhanced the image with the help of canva.com. This morning I made this image my screen saver on my laptop as a reminder to stop, take a deep breath, + soak in the moment - even if it sucks, I know the moment is fleeting and around the next turn maybe a moment like the one I recall from the image above. 

Make it a great day! Cheers, 

No comments:

Post a Comment