Saturday, October 25, 2014

DOLLAR STORE DYI SUPER HERO



Since we are now less than a week away from Halloween, I figured that I would reveal my creative and affordable costume solution that I have created for Charlie. The best part is it's unique and most of the supplies came from The Dollar Store! 

It all started with the blue cape. When I realized that Superman did not have a blue cape and all he kept talking about was wanting to be Batman. Avoiding a mini-melt down from the 2 year old, my creative mom-mind when into full effect, and together Charlie and I created our own super hero: 
 Super Mattei (our last name) Man!
 Super mom moment for me, it worked! He has been telling everyone about Super Mattei Man. Most people have no idea what he is talking about and probably think his name is Matthew! Oh well, it's our little super hero creation and Charlie is taking his new roll very seriously. We have even had a few dress rehearsals. 
So fast he is almost flying. 

Anyway, here are the supplies and associated costs all at the Dollar Store, except for the Velcro: 
Blue Cape ($1)
Red Duct Tape ($1 each roll)  + Blue Painters Tape ($1) 
 
Large Foam Sheets ($1) + Glittery Foam Sheets ($1)
Packet of Felt ($1) + Sew-On Velcro ($2.99 @ JoAnn's) 
Glue Gun Sticks ($1)

The other items I already had at home; glue gun, scissors, and a white mask left over from last Halloween.  I searched my trusty friend, Pinterest, for some inspiration images, and went to town! 
A few sketches, wine, and hot glue and I created a fun, unique, and special custom for my little super hero’s first real trick-or-treating adventure. No sewing required thanks to duck tape and hot glue. So easy + so cheap =  my kind of DYI. 

 I have bunches of left over supplies, so I have been thinking I may add a shield of some sort by Friday, or who knows, maybe I will make a Super Mattie Mommy costume!?!

Happy Halloween + safe Trick-or-Treating! 
Cheers, 

No comments:

Post a Comment