Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pick-Me-Up!


Sometimes when I am in need of a little pick-me-up, I grab an old quote book and read a few quotes, on this dreary Thursday, it turns out it is just what the doctor ordered. I have a large collection of quote books both from my teenage angst-y years and some pretty amazing ones from my days of being an Outward Bound instructor. I have a chalk board in my office that I rotate quotes on. Just a quick glance at the chalk board to inspire and set your mind on a positive track. This is a tradition that I am carrying on from my mom, she always has a chalk board with inspirational notes on it in our house. As they say, "the apple doesn't fall far...." (Thanks Mom!) 

Thanks to Pinterest and to having a phone or computer always at the ready,  I do not have to search far to find inspiration or a daily pick-me-up. I have an entire board of dedicated to quotes on my Pinterest page, which you can find here

Today I discovered (through my favorite time-suck, Pinterest) a lovely little website called Recitethis.com It is a great way to take one of your favorite quotes and put it a picture form, tweet it, pin it, post it....just share your sun-shiny disposition and inspiring thoughts with the world!  

Here is a quote from my Choices Quote Book from my time instruction courses on Thompson Island Outward Bound. 


Here's to the powerful, little, don't-hold-me-down, bumblebee! Make it a great day! 




No comments:

Post a Comment